Foundations of Modern Macroeconomics
Ben J. Heijdra
On this page you find supporting materials for the book.
Please note that you need Acrobat Reader (© Adobe, version 4.0 or higher) in order to read and print the various documents.
The Acrobat Reader can be downloaded (free of charge) from the Adobe site:
Choose the Acrobat Reader suitable for your computer platform.
Main text: front cover and back cover. Exercise and Solutions Manual:
front cover and back cover. This site is under construction.
Support page for the Exercise and Solutions Manual.
Errata and typos
The first person (other than myself) to find any typo's in the published version of the book is Gerard van der Meijden (Tilburg University).
He just beat Laurie Reijnders (University of Groningen) to it. Other contributors include Girum Dagnachew Abate, Wilma Huitema,
Christien de Kort, Stine Celius, Kengo Tahara, Carolien Calkhoven, Mika Kortelainen, and Yoni Schirris. So here they are: fresh new errata.
Slides and extra problems
No model answers will be made available. If you want to adapt these slides to your own purposes, you may want to make use of my Latex and graphics files.
Download the ZIP file from here: Source material for the slides.
- Chapter 1: Who is who in macroeconomics?.
- Chapter 2: Dynamics in aggregate demand and supply.
- Chapter 3: Rational expectations and economic policy.
- Chapter 4: Anticipation effects and economic policy
- Chapter 5: The government budget constraint
- Chapter 6: A closer look at the labour market
- Chapter 7: Trade unions and the labour market
- Chapter 8: Search in the labour market
- Chapter 9: Macroeconomic policy, credibility, and politics
- Chapter 10: The open economy
- Chapter 11: Money
- Chapter 12: New Keynesian economics
- Chapter 13: Exogenous economic growth
- Slides for sections 13.1 - 13.4
- Slides for sections 13.5 - 13.8
- Chapter 14: Endogenous economic growth
- Slides for sections 14.1 - 14.3
- Slides for sections 14.4 - 14.5
- Chapter 15: Real business cycles
- Chapter 16: Overlapping generations in continuous time
- Slides for sections 16.1 - 16.4.4
- Slides for sections 16.4.5 - 16.6
- Chapter 17: Overlapping generations in discrete time
- Slides for sections 17.1 - 17.2
- Slides for sections 17.3 - 17.4
Last changed on 26 November 2016 by Ben J. Heijdra